Thursday, August 14, 2014

Busy day yesterday

"Get busy with liven', or get busy with dyin'"--The Shawshank Redemption

Yesterday was busy.  First I went to my Chinese brush painting class in Agincourt.  I was even later than usual.  We did calligraphy for the first time.  I've been struggling with leaves the past few weeks, but I think I'm improving now.

Then I went to a picnic for autistic children at June Rowlands Park near Davisville station.  I went because Nelson Lui had invited me, and only made a short appearance. (Evgenia turned up too.)

Afterward I joined a Movie Meetup group and saw Frank Darabont's movie of Steven King's prison story The Shawshank Redemption for the second time. (It's been almost twenty years since I first saw it, at the time of its original release.) It ends up remarkably life-affirming.

Busy day yesterday, lazy day today.  It's time for me to go to Dufferin Mall and get a new supply of multigrain bread, but I just didn't feel motivated enough to leave the house.  Of course, this post is on the short side.

No comments: