Friday, August 22, 2014

Campaign volunteer

"'Everything in the world has changed,' she said.

"'I have not,' he said. 'Have you?'"--Love in the Time of Cholera

I've started doing data entry at Olivia Chow's campaign office south of St. Clair station. (Nelson Lui, whom I know from some Asperger's groups, is active in it and invited me to participate.) Yesterday I processed some canvassing reports and today I entered some phone canvasses.  I also bundled some leaflets.

I'm handy with computers and figured out the work pretty quickly.  The phone canvassing had been in the east end and there were a lot of people who only spoke Chinese. (A few were limited to Greek.) Of course, there were a lot of "No answer" entries.

Yesterday morning I went on a Walking Meetup in the Cedarvale Ravine at 8:10 in the morning.  I barely made it in time, and had to run a bit to catch up with the others. (Later I went home and back to bed!) I'm not sure if I'll continue with it, but I wanted some creative disruption in my schedule.

I've joined several Facebook groups recently.  The group devoted to the 1960s TV series Batman is pretty fun.  I'm also in a couple for Aspies, one for Elizabeth Warren fans, and some devoted to comics, including fans of the website The Comics Curmudgeon.

No comments: