Friday, August 08, 2014

A new Meetup

"I told your daughter that she is like a rose." "True enough," said Lorenzo Daza, "but one with too many thorns"--Love in the Time of Cholera

Today I went to a Lunch Meetup with the awkwardly named "Daytime Monday to Friday Outing and Lunch Group." It was at the Green Papaya Vietnamese restaurant near Eglinton station.  I had the wonton soup--curried rice & shrimp combo. (Some of them went for a walk before arriving for lunch, but I wasn't up to that part.)

I was talking to a guy who's in even more Meetup groups than me. One day he joined so many all at once that the Meetup software temporarily stopped him in case he was a spammer!  There was also a girl who'd just arrived from Spain.  I suggested What a Bagel for a future location.

At Wednesday's Chinese painting class we started drawing bamboo.  I hope we start calligraphy soon! (I'm not yet motivated enough to buy materials and paint at home.)

I should get a move on with Love in the Time of Cholera.  The book club's meeting in two weeks, and I still haven't reached the halfway point.

Last night I dreamed of arriving by boat on the western shore of Ireland.

No comments: