Monday, February 06, 2017

55

Today I turned 55.  We ate Chinese food and a strawberry shortcake with white chocolate curls. My fortune cookie said "You have an excellent imagination." (Someone said that you can improve any fortune cookie prediction by adding the words "...in bed"!)

I got a whole lot of "Happy birthday" messages on Facebook from people I don't know.  I replied with a smiley emoticon for each of them, but with people who clearly had Spanish/ Portuguese/ Italian names I wrote "Gracias/Obrigado/Grazie"!

When I brought the new printer Friday, the salesman talked me into buying a fresh ink cartridge too.  So I assumed I'd have to add that cartridge when installing it, but it wouldn't go in. Eventually I figured out that there was already a cartridge inside!  I felt quite the monkey.

The printer is almost installed, except that when I try to print something I get a message that the printer isn't responding.  Oh well, I can wait for Donald or John to figure it out.

We're now watching the fourth season of The Sopranos.  We skipped the last part of the first episode where Christopher avenged his father's death.

I made a goof scheduling this months Reading Out Loud Meetup.  I thought that the opera's eight performances would be like last year, over two weeks with four performances each.  But it turns out that there are two performances in the first week, three in the second and three in the third. Which means it conflicts with that Meetup event, so I had to move it to March. (First time I recall doing that with Reading Out Loud!)

No comments: