Thursday, February 02, 2017

Welfare

Paulie: "You're late!" Ralph: "Well, tomorrow I can be on time, but you'll be stupid forever!"--The Sopranos

John Snow asked what I was doing today.  I had an interview about getting onto the welfare rolls so I can apply for O.D.S.P. (Moira came along with me and helped out.  I was late in thanking her, because I was ashamed that I couldn't do it all by myself.)

Unfortunately, I got the place wrong.  I'd convinced myself that the interview was at the office near Metro Hall when it was actually at the office near Eglinton Station!  We were half an hour late, but things went pretty well.  There was some confusion because I'd put down Father's income source when I was supposed to give my own, but it got figured out in the end.  I also got my name put on this list that can involve me in recreational activities and such.

Opera rehearsal is now on both Tuesday and Wednesday night.  We're finally working onstage with the soloists.  Last night was Carmen and tonight was The Merry Widow, and we staged the whole operas and stayed for four hours!  Us men had fun diving for the Merry Widow's dance card, but we had to do it three times to get the right place:  first time we were too close to the center stage entrance, second time we were too far upstage near the curtain.

In Carmen I get to kneel next to the star during the later part of her Habanera number until she pushes me away and I do a pratfall!

No comments: