Thursday, February 23, 2017

More dress rehearsals

Last night and tonight we had two more dress rehearsals of the operas for the other lead casts. (We have two groups of soloists for each show.) That's a total of four dress rehearsals and two performances over nine days.  It's grant time and we need to sell about 1400 tickets this year--we've done that before when doing Carmen.  The music from both shows has been going through my head.

Yesterday was a holiday, so the library wasn't open for my memoir group.  I took advantage of the two-week gap to take home the canister of subject cards again, and winnowed out half a dozen redundant ones. (Last time there were more like ten.) I found one card that had subjects written on both sides, so I rewrote them on two cards.  Used to be that I'd think of a lot of new subjects to add, but I don't think of many these days.

I've finally finished the Lapham's Quarterly special issue about Alexander Hamilton.  They ought to make a movie about the crisis in late-1790s America!

In our latest Sopranos episode, we skipped the part where Tony confronted Ralph and ended up killing him. (As loathsome as Ralph was, he did dress pretty cool!)

I'm no longer wearing long johns or winter boots. I guess it's time to put my electric heater away too.

No comments: