Monday, February 20, 2017

Opening weekend

The opera started this weekend, with The Merry Widow last night and Carmen this afternoon.  The audiences were pretty enthusiastic.  Moira came to see Carmen today (she liked it) and we walked home together in the mild weather.  I'm now wearing my non-winter shoes again!

Yesterday we finally got around to returning the new malfunctioning printer.

I finished Angela's Ashes yesterday and started reading the rest of the Lapham's Quarterly special issue about Alexander Hamilton.

Father and Moira have finally caught up with me, and now we're watching The Sopranos together again.

It turns out that we're doing two more dress rehearsals this week for the operas' other lead casts.  You'd think I'd have noticed that earlier, but I'm my mother's son!

2 comments:

John said...

Don't forget to read Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha for March 12. :-)

John said...

Why bother writing a comment if you do not reply or acknowledge it?