Sunday, July 30, 2017

Busy Thursday

"He did not know himself what was the matter.  He was naturally so young, and their intimacy was so abstract, he did not know he wanted to crush her on to his breast to ease the ache there.  He was afraid of her.  The fact that he might want her as a man wants a woman had in him been suppressed into a shame.  When she shrank in her convulsed, coiled torture from the thought of such a thing, he had winced to the depths of his soul"--Sons and Lovers

"I'm sorry, I forgot that you were sick the day they taught law at law school!"--A Few Good Men

I had a busy Thursday.  First I met with Midwife and we discussed the articles I've been writing for her.  We had lunch at the 12 Hours restaurant where I had the beef noodle soup.  Later she took some pictures of me in front of wall paintings!

Early in the evening I went on Betty Anne's art walk.  This time we were on Dundas West, between Ossington and Dufferin. Later I went to a Karaoke Meetup at the Midtown Cafe north of St. Clair station.  I sometimes have to leave after just one song, but this time I managed to stay for two.

This afternoon I saw Rob Reiner's A Few Good Men with Dawna, for the first time.  The military code of silence is an important issue-- witness the Chelsea Manning controversy-- but I found the movie pretty conventional.  You could see people "acting":  Jack Nicholson was clearly a bad guy from the first moment you saw him!

We've started watching the third season of Bloodline.  It's the best TV show I've seen since Breaking Bad!

1 comment:

John said...

It is a pity you have to leave the karaoke after just one song. Why so? Some time we would like to sample your gingerbread!