Thursday, October 19, 2017

Backlog

"We were telling these things and both sweating.  We had completely forgotten the people up front who had begun to wonder what was going on in the back seat.  At one point the driver said, 'For God's sakes, you're rocking the boat back there.' Actually we were; the car was swaying as Dean and I both swayed to the rhythm and the it of our final excited joy in talking and living to the blank traced end of all innumerable riotous angelic particulars that had been lurking in our souls all our lives"--On the Road

Just recently I accumulated a huge backlog of unread emails. About a third of them are Meetup and Twitter notifications.  A lot are from activist groups--NDP, environmentalists, animal welfare--with links to online petitions for me to sign. (They also ask for money, but rarely get it.) 

I need to get a new computer mouse one of these days:  too often when I click on a link, it'll do two clicks!  That's a disadvantage with my email, because sometimes I'll trash two when I only wanted to trash one. So I go to the trash and look for the one I trashed without reading. That isn't so hard if it's the same day, but emails from earlier days are harder to find.

Monday night we finished the second season of Damages. (I'm still figuring out the whole plot!) Timothy Olyphant also had a good role.

Last night the opera started The Magic Flute.  But they're using a different translation from what's printed in the scores and we had to write it in, and I didn't have a pen!  Lucky for me I have such a great memory...

Next Sunday is my book club, and I still haven't finished On the Road.  Tonight just when I was going to start reading it again, I couldn't find it!  But it turned up at last under a shirt.

I hope I'm not getting a cold. Today I bought some pomelo grapefruit.  

No comments: