Saturday, October 28, 2017

VICTORIA AND ABDUL

Doctor: "I didn't spend six years at Edinburgh University to look at Indian dicks!"--Victoria and Abdul

Thursday night I saw Stephen Frears' Victoria and Abdul with someone from the History Meetup at the Yonge & Eglinton. It was cute if predictable. These British movies often have great supporting casts, and I spotted Julian Wadham as a Royal butler!

I'm now reading Michael Wood's India for the History Meetup. The first chapter is already interesting, though I'm still getting over my cold and not reading much.

These days I'm not doing much but going online and following Twitter.  The Bernie Sanders haters are really rabid!  I'm also watching Damages in the evening--Wallace Shawn turned up in one episode!--but even watching a TV show is a bit of a chore.

I was going to attend a Poetry Meetup tonight but saw fit to cancel.  Dawna and I were going to see the movie Taps, but that was easy to postpone a week. Next week there'll be a lot of stuff that's hard to avoid, and I hope I'll be in better shape.

No comments: