Wednesday, October 04, 2017

SHANGHAI EXPRESS

"I suddenly began to realize that everybody in America is a natural-born thief.  I was getting the bug myself.  I even began to try to see if doors were locked"--On the Road

"Why are you going to Shanghai?" "To buy a new hat"--Shanghai Express

"The government would have had my head long ago if it weren't such a good head"--ibid.

Monday night I saw Josef Von Sternberg's Shanghai Express with Marlene Dietrich (for the second time). It's pretty stylish.  I didn't finish my popcorn.  Lillian and Anne and me had a nice chat afterward.

We have a new conductor at the opera.  Last night she said we're already sounding professional!

Today I finally started harvesting the garden.  I got in the carrots and started with the potatoes.

We finished the first season of Damages and will be starting the second one soon. (The rather annoying theme music has been going through my head.) What a double-crosser Patty is!

No comments: