Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Still under the weather

This is a persistent cold!  I had to miss the memoir group yesterday, and tonight I'll have to miss opera rehearsal.  At times like this I feel like I could stay in bed for the rest of my life!  Last night it took forever to get to sleep.  I just hope I'm over it by Thursday night to see Victoria and Abdul with the History Meetup.

Saturday I saw George Miller's second Mad Max movie The Road Warrior (for the second time) with Dawna.  It rocks! Bruce Spence's jokey helicopter pilot makes a good sidekick for Mel Gibson's stolid hero.

Sunday I discussed Jack Kerouac's On the Road with the Classic Book Club.  I was late finishing it:  the day before on the way home I went into No Frills to get some more pomelos and left the book in there!  But I finished it in the Robarts Library just before we went into the food court for the discussion.  

Afterward I went out to Margo's place north of Bathurst & Steeles for a fall party.  But I got lost and by the time I got there I was pretty worn out.  Lucky there was someone to give me a lift to the subway afterward!

We've started watching the DVD of the third season of Damages. Martin Short has a straight role as a lawyer!

No comments: