Friday, April 06, 2018

LIFE SCIENCE LIBRARY


I've been getting slack with my posting lately.  I got three days behind posting my diary from fifteen years ago, but now I'm caught up again.  And lately I haven't had as much inspiration here.  But maybe it's just a temporary slump!

The other day I was looking at a few volumes from our Life Science Library series from the '60s.  We had all fifteen volumes of the original Life Nature Library series but only got seven of the 25 in this one, yet the latter interested me somewhat more:  "Machines," "The Body," "Man and Space." (The last was written by Arthur C. Clarke!)

Wednesday night was the History Meetup, where we discussed Napoleon.

Yesterday I went to the Bay in Yorkdale Mall and bought a pair of pajamas. (Maybe there are better places for buying pajamas, but that'll do for now.) I can't help noticing that such malls have become dominated by up-market chains like Tiffany's--makes me nostalgic for their more eclectic age.

I've been reducing my backlog of unread emails again.  I finished reading the unread Counterpunch reports and half just half a dozen Pocket Hits reports left.

On YouTube I've been watching clips of Christopher Hitchens being provocative, including one of him giving Bill Maher's audience the finger!  I've also seen some clips of Archie Bunker mouthing off. ("God doesn't make any mistakes.  That's how he got to be God!")

No comments: