Friday, April 27, 2018

Male model


This is a photo Anne took of me at Starbuck's last week after we went to the fabric sale.

Tuesday I had another editing session with Miriam.  She's really grateful. (She's paid me with $120 worth of Chapters gift cards, so I don't have to report it as income to the ODSP people!) Later  we had  Indian food with John and his family.

Wednesday was busy for me.  First I had lunch with Miriam's group at the George Street Diner.  I had fish & chips.

Then we went to Miriam's apartment, where Anne came and took some photos of me in different outfits, including my Steve McQueen turtleneck and my corduroy jacket, and stuff like a tuxedo shirt with most of the buttons missing (but you couldn't see that), and a preppy jacket with a school crest that was actually for girls but you wouldn't notice.  Miriam put on some Noel Coward songs, and I especially liked "Room With a View" and "London Pride."

In the evening I went to the Organizers Meetup again.  We took a group photo you can see through this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18AUkXbw3UKLVqUuZhAQu31xCTzm_Ra-m/view

I've finally finished the history of Iran.  It occurred to me that Ayatollah Khomeini and Ronald Reagan had a lot in common!  Both were in their seventies and took a "rhetoric as policy" approach, using a simplistic appeal to traditional values to distract from their sinister, destructive agenda. Both used "evil empire"-style rhetoric against enemy nations, while employing terrorism to serve their ends. (Both also knew how to exploit racism, xenophobia and general anti-intellectualism!) Both were lucky that certain important people who might have taken them on chose deference instead.  And both left their nation a deeply harmful legacy.  They were wicked old men, like Mao Zedong starting the Cultural Revolution in his seventies.  Pray for their worthless souls. (Among later leaders, Khatami was sort of to Ahmadinejad as Obama was to Trump...)

We had unexpected guests overnight, so I couldn't get to the computer till this morning, which is why this post is late!

No comments: