Saturday, November 03, 2012

One month!

A month ago I revived my blog.  Since October 1 I've been steadily writing a new post every day, and I want to see how long I can keep it up.  I'm starting to imagine how Joe DiMaggio felt in 1941 when he managed a record hitting streak of over fifty games!

I got the idea to revive my blog when I was in London, because I figured the trip would give me a lot to talk about.  But so far I've been able to rely mostly on other topics. (In the days to come, no doubt I'll be talking about London more.)

I've set a rule that every post will be long enough that when I'm writing it, the scroll bar will form.  I also intended the rule of not discussing similar topics on consecutive days, but I've already broken that rule once, thanks to a headache.

One way I've tried to keep it up is by writing down a list of potential topics.  Four of them I've already done, and I have three left over.  If I have several topics not yet written, that should reduce the pressure, at least in theory.

Sometimes I'll realize that I finished a post without including something I intended to mention.  For example, when writing about the art walks the other day I omitted one detail.  In the previous walk I'd mentioned to Betty Anne that I hoped to ride London's new cable car over the Thames, and also that I'd started singing the song "Finiculi, Finicula" (which is about a cable car, of course.) So she dared me to sing that song while I was on the cable car.  I said I would, but when the time came I lost my nerve.  The other night I had to admit to her that I'd "funked it," as the English would say.

No comments: