Thursday, March 07, 2013

The master class continues

This evening I went to Giuseppe's master class again. (It was on Wednesday instead of Tuesday this week because last night they were putting away the TOR sets.) The heating in the auditorium wasn't working, so Giuseppe decided to use a downstairs classroom instead--he'd done the same thing Tuesday of last week.  Unfortunately, the room was locked and it took an hour to find the caretaker so he could unlock it.  It seems he'd left it unlocked that afternoon but somebody locked it again.  Of course, Giuseppe wasn't pleased.

I've been hearing an interesting variety of songs in this master class.  Stuff like "Ave Maria," "Streets of Laredo" (what a sad song that is!), "Granada," "Danny Boy," the song from Ennio Morricone's CINEMA PARADISO theme, "You'll Never Walk Alone," "Panis Angelicus," and a Scarlatti song about the sun on the Ganges which I might like to learn someday. William has even been singing "A Wand'ring Minstrel I" from Gilbert & Sullivan's THE MIKADO. (My favorite part of it is the sea song.) Remember when I said that "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls" was an operetta song?  It turns out that THE BOHEMIAN GIRL was actually a full-fledged opera!

I'm afraid I might be coming down with a cold, so my singing wasn't at its best today.

With the TOR run finished, I went to the Hungarian barber shop and finally got my hair cut and my eyebrow hairs trimmed.

No comments: