Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A missed event

This evening the Coro Verdi was going to have a meeting to discuss its future. (This may be the end for it.) I went to the Villa Colombo place where we've been having recent rehearsals but there was nobody else except Sergio, either there or at the Colombus Centre where we'd been rehearsing before.  I guess the meeting was at Giuseppe's house. (Too bad they didn't send an email making the location clear.) Now I wish I'd gone to see MEET JOHN DOE after all.

So I went home and watched a MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000 DVD.  This one was spoofing MANHUNT IN SPACE, a movie created by assembling three episodes of ROCKY JONES, SPACE RANGER, a very cheap syndicated TV series from the 1950s.

I've finally quit the Facebook games CANDY CRUSH SAGA and PET RESCUE SAGA.  I was stuck at levels 45 and 53 respectively.

On a whim, I've decided to learn some Portuguese.  They have courses for teaching it at memrise.com.  So far, I've learned that "Please" is "Por favor" (same as Spanish), "Thank you" is "Obrigado," "Yes" is "Sim," "No" is "Nao," and "Hello, how are you?" is "Ola, como esta?"

No comments: