Monday, March 04, 2013

TOR finished

Today we finished the latest season at the TOR.  I returned my scores but waived the return of my $20 deposit. (It's a donation, but it also saves a bit of work for the people in charge.)

Will I do it again next year?  Every March when the season finishes, I plan on taking a break the next year.  And every September I'm back...

At the curtain call, Giuseppe came out and announced he's retiring from the TOR.  I knew it was going to happen pretty soon. (He's 73.) I'm glad he got to leave on a high note:  he'd been wanting to direct TALES OF HOFFMANN for a while and he was pleased with this production.  I remember when Coro Verdi had a discussion about its future and someone told him, "We couldn't do this without you!" Giuseppe scoffed, "When the Pope dies, we'll get a new pope."

A book club Meetup I'm in is going to discuss WANDERLUST, A SOCIAL HISTORY OF TRAVEL.  I'm interested in reading it, but it's in short supply at the library and none of the Toronto-area Chapters and Indigo bookstores carry it, so I had to order it from C&I's online sales.

Last Tuesday this blog had a record number of hits:  92!  I think it's because my friend John George had had trouble accessing it but finally got it straightened out.  I'm only mentioning it now because I was waiting for a day when I was running short...

No comments: