Wednesday, June 07, 2017

FORBIDDEN PLANET

On landing on a foreign planet: "Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans, and you have to bring the cans!"--Forbidden Planet

I was just reading Xenophobe's Guide to the Canadians, part of a funny series of books they sell at Foyle's in London.  It's already finished, so now I can start on Candide for John Snow's book club.  I thought we had a copy, but I couldn't find it and had to get one at the Lillian Smith library.

Last night I went to a Movie Meetup screening of Forbidden Planet (for the third time).  It's handsome-looking but a bit awkward.  Anne Francis was a babe!  I brought a British book of the world's worst movie posters, and showed the others the lurid-looking Forbidden Planet poster.

Yesterday I finished preparing the garden, and this morning Moira and I went to Fiesta Farms and bought seeds and stuff. (They didn't seem to have broccoli or brussels sprouts.)

No comments: