Thursday, June 01, 2017

Bits and pieces

"Flora was desperately sleepy; she felt as though she were at one of Eugene O'Neill's plays; the kind that goes on for hours and hours and hours, until the R.S.P.C. Audiences batters the doors of the theatre in and insists on a tea interval"--Cold Comfort Farm

My Korean is slowly progressing. I've been learning to write their syllables, and the only part that still resists my facility is these vowel formations like "wa" and "wo." I've been writing out the conversations and such in my Teach Yourself book, and also making a glossary.  It helps to know some Japanese, whose syntax is similar in some ways.

I got a new ATM access card, but the first time I used it the machine rejected it, so I had to go to the tellers to get it straightened out.

Finally started forking the garden to prepare it for planting.  And just as I was getting underway, it started raining!  Ain't it the way?

Tonight I went on Betty Anne's art walk in the area near Dundas & Dufferin.  One of the places we went to was a lingerie boutique!

Last night I dreamed of being near the front line of the American offensive against Japan in the Pacific war, running away and passing the Marx Brothers on tour.

I have about 300 emails left to open...

No comments: