Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Go Comics

I'm now sleeping in Father's old room since he'll be moving downstairs, but I took my old blankets.  Since we've moved the TV set downstairs, I shifted the bed into a position flush with the corner.

I've subscribed to Go Comics, which has several strips that I can't get at the King Features website.  They include some story strips The Comics Curmudgeon often discusses, like Gil Thorp and Gasoline Alley.  And they also include some classics, like Al Capp's Li'l Abner--in its first year!--and Jim Unger's Herman. (Remember that?) I'm interested enough in Brooke McEldowney's 9 Chickweed Lane to subscribe to both the current strip and the classic strip (which is just 15 years old or so!).

I visited Father yesterday, bringing him a toothbrush, but he'd been having some more tests--won't be home for a while yet--and was sleepy.

Miriam sent me the first part of her memoir to edit.  It's pretty enjoyable so far.

Tonight we rehearsed The Magic Flute at the Al Green Theatre. (Tomorrow's the dress rehearsal.) A couple of people had their birthday today, so there was a birthday cake!

I've forgotten to mention that last Thursday night I saw the DVD of the French movie Indochine with the History Meetup.  The story was no great shakes, but fiftysomething Catherine Deneuve looked great! (She actually had better hair here than in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.)


No comments: