Thursday, March 29, 2018

Father's home!


Father came home yesterday! Moira thought they'd be keeping him for the pacemaker operation, but that won't be for a while yet.  I was taken by surprise when I came home later, like in one of those cheesy movies like Pearl Harbor where a guy thought to be dead shows up without phoning ahead...

I was just coming home from meeting Miriam and Anne at a fabric sale by volunteers from the Textile Museum. (I bought a $5.00 Tommy Hilfinger shirt with dynamic stripes that's probably too big for me, just so Anne can photograph me in it!) I'll probably be helping Miriam with her craft sales events in the near future.

John came over Monday and insulated the sun room so Father can sleep there in the winter.  He poured in the insulation through a hole in my old room, leaving a thick layer of dust everywhere.  Afterward I went into the room and opened the windows to air it out, tracking dust into the hallway that Moira had cleaned just the day before...

Last night I went to a Meetup for people interested in enneagrams.  That's a system where people can be divided into nine categories, which I can demonstrate with characters from Winnie-the-Pooh and Peanuts!

Mediator:  Pooh & Charlie Brown
Reformer (my category): Piglet & Schroeder
Challenger:  Christopher Robin & Lucy
Achiever:  Rabbit & Snoopy
Individualist: Eeyore & Peppermint Patty
Investigator:  Owl & Linus
Helper:  Kanga & Marcie
Loyalist:  Roo & Woodstock
Enthusiast:  Tigger & Sally

I wonder if the nine characters in The Brady Bunch can be so categorized?

Tonight I went to another Meetup, this time for Meetup organizers. (There was a guy who organizes a Cryptocurrency Meetup, and a girl with a remarkable resemblance to Elle MacPherson.) Unfortunately, the event started at 6:00 and what with John's further home and yard work and much confusion, we didn't have dinner till 5:50, so I was over half an hour late.  But it was nice to meet other people dealing with the headaches of organizing Meetup groups...

I've finally got near the end of my backlog of unread emails, which had been accumulating for about six months.  Only seventy are left, and they're all from Counterpunch News and Pocket Hits.

No comments: