Friday, March 23, 2018

I rule at Candy Crush Saga!


"Mitzi felt an old, amicable, exasperated pity for him and a momentary desire to hit him.  She laid her fingers spread wide upon his chest, touching the material of his jacket rather than him, an incoherent gesture such as an awkward affectionate animal might have made"--Iris Murdoch, An Accidental Man

Sunday I finished the Luck issue of Lapham's Quarterly. (One down, seven more to go...) Now I've started reading the Flesh issue.

Last night was dress rehearsal for The Magic Flute.  These costumes are simpler for the chorus:  we just put robes over our clothes.  I really like Tamino and Pamina's duet when they go through the fires of the final test! (It's in the second half of the video above.)

I'm past Level 1550 in Candy Crush Saga.  The other day I was doing one of the levels with a time limit, and ended up scoring over 2.8 million points! (It was a matter of continually nailing the candies that carried 5-second time extensions...) I came first in this Coconut Island contest.

It seems that Father suffered cardiac arrest last week!  They were still testing him today.

I'm really enjoying editing Miriam's manuscript.  It's the sort of thing I'd do for free! (Tonight there was a short blackout so I lost some unsaved work.)

No comments: