Thursday, March 01, 2018

The best-laid schemes...

I was recently using Facebook chat to correspond with a girl from the Waterloo area.  We'd been in touch a year and a half ago, but had a falling out when she wanted me to buy this plush toy for her on Amazon. I told her I'd forgotten my Amazon passport--which was actually true--and she sent me weeping emoticons! (Someone advised me to block her, but she was harmless enough.)

Anyway, we got in touch again recently, and she wanted me to send her a message with my voice in it.  I actually have the technology to do that, and sent her one.  The thing was, I wasn't sure what to say and ended up singing!  That turned out to be the wrong thing to do, and now we're estranged again. (Gee, everyone else likes my singing!)

We have a subscription to Crave TV that runs out in a week or two, so we've been seeing how much is left to see there.  Sunday night we saw a documentary about Debbie Reynolds and her daughter Carrie Fisher, then Monday night it was a documentary about the historian David McCullough.

At opera rehearsal last night we worked on The Magic Flute again, this time with soloists.

The weather's been warm the last few days, and I've stopped wearing long johns. (I stopped wearing winter boots the other week.) Of course, there's going to be a big snowstorm tomorrow!

I finished that book about Napoleon the other day, and now I'm starting to catch up on Lapham's Quarterly.  I'm currently reading the Summer 2016 issue, whose topic is luck.

Last night I dreamed that I'd just woken up along Eglinton Avenue (in this dream it was on a shore!) and started walking south, in a homeward direction.

No comments: