Thursday, March 08, 2018

Nap season

Monday at the memoir group, Michael from Moncton wrote about the time he was a temp worker at a Calgary solid waste processing center.  One day they were going to have an open house and hoping for good P.R.  But Michael found himself in a mountain of waste standing on something that felt odd, and it turned out to be a dead moose!  They had to cover it up and keep the discovery secret from the guests.  I hear lots of funny stories from this group.

While I was at the Lillian Smith library, I borrowed an updated Canadian edition of The Book of Lists.

Yesterday we rehearsed Fidelio with the soloists.  I came early and helped the stage manager move some props.

Did I make a resolution to stop napping?  Today I had a long nap in the afternoon, then a long nap in the evening!

I was just posting from my 2003 diary about seeing Ralph Fiennes in David Cronenberg's Spider.  I should see that again!

No comments: