Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Another Huffpost moderation outrage

THE HUFFINGTON POST recently ran a report on ex-president George Bush Sr. being released from the hospital.  The accompanying posts were a gush of sentimental praise for him.  But I couldn't help thinking of his most famous quote: "Read my lips--no new taxes!" It's precisely the Republican Party's fidelity to his principle that's produced the US federal government's current fiscal crisis.

But the posts I read were like this one: "Look here!  This Lib is wishing President Bush continued health improvement!  Why?  Because as an American, I wish nothing but the best for Presidents, past and present.  I afford the office respect.  Speedy Recovery President Bush." Another post had the temerity to respond with the question "Why?" so I wrote one saying: "Because too many Americans treat presidents like kings." And the Huffpost moderators wouldn't publish it!  I can confirm that it wasn't an accident because I tried to post it later and it was blocked again.

No wonder the posts were all sentimental praise. (When one poster called him "decent," I did manage to publish the cryptic reply, "Decent is as decent does.") You know, it isn't like I used the expression "shut up" this time.  So sad to learn that the Americans who treat presidents like kings include moderators at THE HUFFINGTON POST.


1 comment:

bestweddingveil said...

Hello
i am selling guest post
check my gig and order me thanks




Visit