Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Coasterland

I've started another of those cute kid-sized Zynga games whose apps you can get on Facebook.  This one's called Coasterville.  It's a bit like Cityville, but it involves building an amusement park.  You earn money, ship goods and collect thrills to build attractions and outfit food-selling carts.  I'm seeing how far I can get without spending real money to get special bucks.  And if I do spend real money, we'll see how long that lasts and whether I end up acquiring more. (When you buy those bucks the first time, they give you a special deal, but it costs more when you buy more.)

I've got up to level 20 in the game Pet Rescue Saga.  As I play that game, I keep thinking of the movie NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE, maybe because the pets are like animals stuck in a house. (I also keep thinking of the book LITTLE WOMEN, which I've never read.) I have a feeling that John Landis sold his soul to the Devil when he made ANIMAL HOUSE:  some directors just give me that vibe.  Another example would be Roman Polanski.

Lately, I've been getting the feeling that some of the things I'm now writing in this blog are things I've written earlier. (There are now too many entries for me to go back through to prove or disprove it.) I'm starting to wonder if I only have a finite number of things to say.  Maybe there's a way to put tags on entries to categorize them so I can check more easily, but I'm still too lazy to figure it out.

No comments: