Monday, January 07, 2013

New computer games

It looks like I'm finally finished with Evony.  I've brought all the non-residential buildings up to level nine and completed the wall defences, and this time I'm not really interested in conquering territory or starting new cities.

Now I've started on the game Megapolis, yet another city-planning game along the lines of Simcity and Cityville.  What can I say?  I love to plan virtual cities.  But I don't know how long I'll last this time.

I've tried bubble-blasting games, but I can't really get into them.  On the other hand, I've discovered an addictive strategy game called Candy Crush Saga.  It involves an array of candy in different colors:  jelly beans are red, lemon drops yellow, lozenges orange, gobstoppers blue, jujubes purple, and the green ones are mints or something like that. You have adjacent candy pieces trade places to get three in a row, then they disappear and some new ones come down.  If you manage to arrange four or even five in a row, you get pieces with special powers.  The part I don't like is that when you lose a game they show a little girl weeping, and I always feel bad for letting her down.

I also found a strategy game called Pet Rescue Saga--from the same company, of course--which involves dissolving sets of adjacent blocks of the same color. (You can make columns disappear with an occasional pyrotechnic rocket.) If you can dissolve a column all the way down to the bottom, the pet on top will be rescued!

I discover all these games by looking at the game apps my Facebook friends are using.

No comments: