Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dreams

I sometimes have vivid dreams.  Last night I dreamed of pitching a movie script that started with a schoolboy finishing a school essay about predicting the weather, then finding that someone had changed it to talk about raising your hands to create a storm vortex above you.  Then he found out about this parallel universe where people had such power over the weather, and met a group of scholars from that world eager to learn from him, including a big expert whom I suggested could be played in a Sacha Baron Cohen cameo.  Then I started telling the story to Antonio Banderas, but stopped and apologized, saying "You must hear a lot of movie pitches!"

I also dreamed of roller skating along a long road that ended in a channel being dug down a slope for a waterfall with a lot of streams that would cancel each other out and dissipate, with big flakes of gold visible here and there.  And I dreamed of being in the futuristic world of the movie SOYLENT GREEN, except that I was in the area of Seattle while the movie took place in New York City.  And I dreamed of a jungle tribesman who came to the big city for the Olympics, didn't fit in and became a fugitive, and of having a girlfriend in the Royal Family, and of bicycling downhill on a slope that got faster and faster, and of ending up in a science fiction movie with Greg from THE BRADY BUNCH, and of going on a tour of the world except that we only spent a short time in China before flying to Vancouver where I was trying to figure out the time back in Toronto.

I dreamed all that last night.  Some nights are more vivid than others.

No comments: