Thursday, June 27, 2013

A filling

This afternoon I went to the dentist and got an old filling replaced. (I would have done it three weeks ago, but that was the same day as the Coro Verdi end-of-season concert.) I spent a few hours recovering.

At Hulu I started watching the second season of Alfred Hitchock Presents and saw an episode with Cedric Hardwicke as a father whose daughter killed a man and sets out to protect the family from embarrassment, ultimately by framing another man for the murder.

Unotelly has links to a lot of channels that I've only started looking at.  This evening I opened the link to pbs.org and saw an American Experience documentary about Billy the Kid.  New Mexico author (and Ben-Hur author) Lew Wallace does not come across as honorable:  Billy testified against a number of killers on the assumption that he'd be pardoned, but Wallace abandoned him to his enemies.

Talk about coincidence!  In the afternoon I got the filling, in the evening I saw the Freaks and Geeks episode where Neil's dentist partner had a party for all his clients.  That was also the episode where Linda found out that people in detention weren't allowed to study. (Such a petty show of power is a sign of a weak school.)

No comments: