Saturday, June 15, 2013

AFACT

This evening I went to another Applause for a Cause Theatre meeting.  Vic Blackman, whom I know from TOR, joined the group as stage manager.  It looks like maybe a dozen people will come to next week's casting call.  There'll be more women than men, but we can have a woman play a male role (what they call a "trousers role" in opera).  I rehearsed my lines again.  I got the idea to divide them into two or three sentences each to organize them in my brain.

I've mentioned that there's a lot about Mother that I never learned. But she did tell us a lot of stories about her childhood.  Like there was the time that her father brought home a Christmas tree, she didn't like it, so he went out a got another one. (Her mother said that he never did that for any of his other children.) Or the time that her father was griping that young people in the present day (then ca. 1930) were into dancing shamelessly, and her mother reminded him that when he was young he'd danced in a graveyard once! Or the time that she and her sister were in a penny candy store, she said "Let's get two cents worth of this," and her sister said "Two cents me eyeball!" A man overheard them and got a big kick out of it:  when he met my aunt soon afterward, he couldn't resist repeating "Two cents me eyeball!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apρгeciation to my fаther who told mе соnceгning this blog,
this ωеblog is in fact aωesome.

my webpage - Learn Me