Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sagrada

Today I was to going to meet Bev for lunch, but we didn't meet. (She emailed me about a different time, but I didn't check my email before leaving.) I got pretty soaked.

This evening I went to see a documentary at the Bloor.  I used up the second of two free tickets I got when I became a member there a year ago.  I recently renewed my membership and got a voucher for four free popcorns, one of which I claimed tonight.  I also got the July schedule, and they'll be showing a movie about a casting director from the 1970's who discovered a lot of famous actors and revolutionized the business of casting.  Sounds interesting.

The film I saw was Sagrada:  The Mystery of Creation, about Antoni Gaudi's Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona, which they've been building for over a century and may take another century to finish.  It looks like something that a wizard roused out of the earth.  I hope I live to see it completed!  If there's any creation I believe in, it's artistic creation. (This reminded me that someday I want to read Ken Follet's The Pillars of the Earth, about the long construction of a gothic cathedral in mediaeval France.)

Wednesday this blog got just over 100 pageviews.  I guess people are interested in The Last Picture Show and Unruly Voices.

No comments: