Wednesday, June 12, 2013

THE GREAT ESCAPE

John and Kathrine came over again today and did a lot of yard work.  I didn't do much, just separating their clippings into stuff that'll fit into our compost and branches that we'll have to bundle up and let the city collect. (Or at least, I started that job.) But I did get to cook dinner, which was the rest of the Indian food plus some rice and boneless chicken.  I probably wouldn't have even got to do that if Father hadn't been drowsy!

I found out online about a support group for bereaved families in Toronto.  I went out and found their office--it's near the YWCA headquarters in the Summerhill area--but I think I came at the wrong time and couldn't find anyone.  I'll try again later.

This evening I saw John Sturges' THE GREAT ESCAPE at the event screen.  It was made by the same people as THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, with some of the same actors, particularly Steve McQueen, and this one's even more exciting.  James Garner is an actor I like. (He disapproved of the Reagan presidency, and I recently noticed in that Harry Belafonte documentary that he was a supporter of the civil rights movement.)

Cecilia from Brazil was reading of my mother's death on my blog and sent a message of condolence.  This blog does have its readers. (Last Saturday I got almost eighty pageviews despite having been on a break for almost a week.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thіs pіeсe of writing іs pleasant, my younger ѕіster is аnalyzing
such thіngs, thuѕ І аm going tο convеy her.


Also viѕit mу webѕіtе High Stakes Promotions

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanteԁ to givе уou a brief heaԁѕ up and let you knοw
a fеw of the images аrеn't loading correctly. I'm nоt surе why but ӏ
thіnk its а lіnking іssuе.
I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Here is my website: jak szybko schudnac