Thursday, June 13, 2013

Art walk

Yesterday I went on another ROMwalk, in the Grange area near the AGO.  Puitak lives in that area, and I visited her and told her about Mother.  Today she and Gordon brought us flowers and a sympathy card.

Today I went on Betty-Anne's art walk. (I got there early for a change.) We started at Alison Milne gallery where they were displaying black & white photos of Detroit's urban decay:  one photo reminded me of the room where Sleeping Beauty found the spinning wheel and pricked her finger.  Then we went to Pari Nadimi gallery and saw photos of Italy's suburban wasteland and paintings that looked like double-exposure photos.

Betty-Anne normally points out interesting shops along Queen Street as we pass between destinations, but we got caught in the rain. (Shoulda worn my raincoat.) So we hurried to Graven Feather  and met Holly Wheatcroft on the opening night of her exhibition.  Then we went to the nearby Ursa restaurant and got samples of this dish that combined tofu and mushrooms and alfalfa sprouts and some other stuff:  I suppose it must have been a delicacy, but I'm really not an expert.

In the last week I've returned to the computer games Candy Crush Saga and Pet Rescue Saga.  It's a bit like an ex-smoker returning to his habit in a time of stress.  I've advanced past Level 50 in Candy Crush Saga, but in Pet Rescue Saga I'm still stuck at Level 34.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW juѕt whаt I was searсhіng for.
Camе hеre by searching fοr polо as аn englіsh ѕрort

Here is my ωeblоg - tabletki na erekcje

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web page is actually working hard in favor of his web page, as here
every stuff is quality based data.

Also visit my blog post ... trener piłki noznej (http://obozypilkarskie.weebly.com/)