Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Music trivia night

Last night I dreamed of riding a bicycle through deep powdered snow; meeting movie director David Lean; finding myself three years into the future living in a different place; a science fiction story about a youth ending up in a future where his reading and cycling skills were now at a premium because nobody bothered to learn those skills anymore; and observing that I didn't like Disney's Humphrey the Bear cartoon IT'S IN THE BAG. 

IT'S IN THE BAG is an actual cartoon from the 1950s where this park ranger makes the park's bears dispose of the trash in their individual sectors of the park before they'll get their dinner. (He tries to make the chore a game at first, but they aren't fooled.) Unfortunately, Humphrey's sector is in the middle of the ticktacktoe-style grid, so the other bears quickly shift their own trash into his area and go off to have their dinner while Humphrey's stuck was getting rid of the whole load!

Father's made a plan to renovate the living room by knocking two windows into the southern wall.  That won't be easy, since this is a brick house.

This evening I went to an Over 40 Meetup at the Madison where we competed in a music trivia contest.  Alas, I'm not quite as good at music as I am with some genres of trivia.  Al, Liz and I formed a team called The Experts.  Al knew more than I did, but at least I knew more than Liz.  At one point, Liz spilled wine on our sheet. (Coincidentally, one of the music pieces we heard was titled "Spill the Wine.") The winning team was called The Animals.

No comments: