Thursday, June 20, 2013

TWENTY FEET FROM STARDOM

Today I went to see Dr. Hassan.  He told me that in Arab countries a bereaved family can hire a professional wailer!

I read over sixty pages of THE OLD CURIOSITY SHOP today.  In the most recent part Little Nell has been working for a travelling waxworks, presenting verbose descriptions of the figures. (One is of Lord Byron and makes schoolgirls swoon.)

Donald came over and suggested getting a V.P.N. so we can get the American version of Netflix with its far wider selection.  We may be ending our satellite TV subscription so I think I'll buy an antenna to receive HDTV broadcasts as far away as Buffalo.

This evening I saw TWENTY FEET FROM STARDOM at the Bloor.  It's a documentary about backup singers and their career aspirations.  Lisa Fischer was pretty stunning!  It was a sneak preview to raise money for Big Life, a charity that protects elephants and giraffes from poachers in eastern Africa.

I've sent an email to Bereaved Families of Toronto inquiring about their services.  I imagine they'll have sessions for bereaved people to get together.

Yesterday this blog got a record 163 pageviews!

No comments: