Friday, August 23, 2013

A new blog

As previously considered, I started a new blog at memoirslam.blogspot.ca to post my memoir pieces from the Monday afternoon group.  I've already posted three or four pieces, but then I got lazy.

Yesterday I visited Dr. Hassan and told him about the group and the blog.  He seems impressed about how active I am, but it doesn't impress me.  People who work from 9:00 to 5:00, they're the ones who are active!  I've got into the habit of having lunch at the Burger King near Eglinton station after visiting my shrink. (Maybe I should break that habit.)

Last night I went to a new Karaoke Meetup organized by Lillian Zepeda.  (We went to Freezone Karaoke in Koreatown near the Christie station.)  She and I were the only people who showed up, but maybe it'll grow.

I still haven't bought any tickets for the Met opera screening next season.  I think I'm interested in Prince Igor and Rusalka and even seeing Cenerentola again, but I just don't feel motivated at the moment.

Tina Brown's Daily Beast finally got interested in the Bradley Manning case when he renamed himself Chelsea. (Typical!) I've tried to get into that site, but it's just too thin.

No comments: