Sunday, August 18, 2013

Finished THE OLD CURIOSITY SHOP

Yesterday I finished The Old Curiosity Shop.  Kitschy and all over the place.  The notes had a Greek quote from The Odyssey which Dick Swiveller alluded to, and I managed to translate it! (It goes something like "At once she put the drug into the wine, then he drank it.")

Last night we had another rehearsal.  There's a new actress called Sheila.  The writer finally printed out the first act, which I have a bigger role in.  I was afraid I'd have to leave early, but there was plenty of time.  It's time to get serious about memorizing my lines.

Then I went to the Karaoke Meetup.  It was supposed to be at Jingle's, but it turned out they weren't having karaoke that night.  But Jonah can think on his feet, and decided to move the location to Kramer's, which was having karaoke.  I went first while he waited at Jingle's for other people who showed up there.  As a result, I got to be first in the rotation!  I sang Dean Martin's "Sway"  and The Moody Blues' "Ride My See Saw."

With the Dickens book finished, I've started reading the sea issue of Lapham's Quarterly.  Looks like it'll be entertaining! (I wonder if they'll publish an issue on death one of these quarters?)

No comments: