Thursday, August 01, 2013

Non-fiction book club

Last night I attended the Non-Fiction Book Club Meetup at the reference library, where we discussed Guns, Germs and Steel.  It was pretty lively.  Some people speak more than others, of course.  I only spoke a couple of times, but I'm just as happy with listening as talking.  I met Jane, and afterward I was explaining to her about our VPN.

Last night I saw an episode of Night Gallery where a character was reading Charles Dickens' Bleak House, and the book was part of the green Centennial Edition of Dickens' complete works that we own!  (I'm now reading the Centennial Edition of The Old Curiosity Shop.)

My earache has mostly gone away.  And the ear drops have almost run out.

I'm running short again.  Maybe I should put my comic-book collection into better order.  My Megapolis city now has a population of over five million.  I got the August schedule for the Bloor Cinema, but it doesn't look so interesting.  And I got new razors at the drugstore.

No comments: