Monday, September 23, 2013

Managing the ROLT situation

Friday I met Jane at the Butler's Pantry and we discussed the disagreements that followed the previous weekend's ROLT event. (Joel has left the group, and he was one of our most regular attendees.) We may put out a statement to try to prevent future disputes.  Heather was publicly disagreeing with Jane, and I'm going to see her on Thursday to hear her side of it.

The meeting was also an occasion for me to suggest changing the day from Saturdays to Sundays.  That's because of a new member--Betty-Anne, who organizes the Queen Street art walk--who can't make it on Saturday.  I don't know of anyone who can't make it on Sundays, and I'm sure Betty-Anne would be a valuable addition:  she used to tape audio recordings for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind. (We used to have a CNIB broom.) Fortunately, Jane had no problem with changing the day; on the contrary, she likes Betty-Anne too.  So I went to the Meetup website and changed future events to Sundays.  The only problem is that I can't change the thing on the homepage that says "This group meets every second Saturday"! People will just have to ignore it.

On Saturday night I went to Jonah's Karaoke Meetup at BarPlus.  There was a new Korean guy who sang a Korean song.  I sang "Every Breath You Take," which I've hardly ever done before.

No comments: