Friday, September 06, 2013

Sorting comics

"He hated it when you called him a moron.  All morons hate it when you call them a moron"--The Catcher in the Rye

It's September, so I'm doing some spring cleaning.  We moved my tall desk from the west wall to the northwest corner, my dresser from the northwest corner to the north wall, and a bookcase from the north wall out to the hall.  The wall around the west window still needs work, and now there's nothing in the way.

In addition, I'm finally rearranging my comic-book collection.  I've put it off for years, because it means temporarily creating an even bigger mess.  But when I'm finished the space will be used more efficiently, I hope.

I saw the last episode of The Ascent of Man. (The second-last, about sex and genetics, wasn't as explicit as I'd remembered it being.) I couldn't help thinking about how science has now developed drone aircraft and "low cost" killing.  To tell the truth, I don't know what to do about Syria.  Maybe bombing will just make things worse, but maybe we should do it anyway.  Call me wishy-washy. (I saw Bashir Assad on the cover of The Economist with the headline "Hit him hard." It must be nice to think you know what's right.)

No comments: