Thursday, September 19, 2013

O multigrain flour, where art thou?

Since Father stopped driving last month, it's been a while since we shopped at the No-Frills in Dufferin Mall.  But today I went there for one reason:  to find multigrain flour.  The Robin Hood people make it by combining regular flour with cracked wheat and cracked rye and flax. (How exactly do you crack wheat?) We just ran out and I couldn't find it at the huge Loblaw's near the Bathurst station.  I'd hate to have to stop baking it, because I have such a neat 12-loaf rotation system where whole wheat and multigrain (one loaf in four) alternate with white bread, cheese bread (both one in six), raisin bread and rye bread (one in three).

But I didn't need to worry.  It turned out that they were still selling multigrain flour at the No-Frills place.  Too bad you can only get it in five-kilo packages. (You can get white flour in packages of twenty kilos!) Oh well, back in Sackville, New Brunswick, you probably can't get it at all.  But there's a health food store there called Jacob's Larder where you can buy loaves of protein bread...

Moira and I have are still working together to straighten out the location files for our huge book collection.  We finally finished the living room and started working on the attic.  Monday night the computer screen fell over and the screen got cracked.  But the Apple people managed to fix it and we were back in business today.  This evening we did it differently:  I told Moira the titles and she entered the information.  I have to admit that saying the titles is the easier part of the job, but doing it once in a while is enough for me.

No comments: