Friday, November 22, 2013

A dream

Yesterday morning I had to leave pretty quickly to meet Puitak and Gordon for lunch, so I didn't get to take my Cipralex.  As a result, last night's dreaming was more intense than usual.

I dreamed I was joining some friends (none of them actual people) near Camp Tidnish, a Rotary Club camp near our cottage.  We went underwater to do some fishing under a magical spell that allowed us to see and breathe the same as above the surface.  I grabbed a piece of wood which magically contained evidence of WWII war crimes--I'd been reading about Japanese war crimes on Wikipedia--and brought them to the actor James Whitmore, who was playing General Patton.  I told Whitmore how much I liked the actual scene in Asphalt Jungle where he was being taken to his cell and in a rage lashed out at the gang's squealer, who was safe in another cell.

We walked around underwater in the area near the eastern end of the New Brunswick-Nova Scotia border, here a much wider and deeper area than in real life, and approached a non-existent area where the underwater geology was radically different.  I met a girl and it turned into a story about how dangerous it is for people to have their wishes magically granted.  I imagined turning the story into a Hollywood movie and wondered what would be a good location for scenes taking place under a bridge.

I also dreamed about seeing four different versions of a Warren Beatty comedy, in the area around my old high school.

No comments: