Friday, November 29, 2013

Anno

I started a new online game called Anno a few days ago.  It involves building a colony in the New World.  Unfortunately, I expanded the production facilities too quickly, leading to a predictable money squeeze.

In Sunshine Bay I spent quite a bit of real money, something I'd resisted doing, to acquire a water-bottling plant that expanded the range of voyages available to my ships. (If I'd waited a few days I could have got it a lot cheaper, but oh well...) I also saved enough coin to acquire a second business yacht, and the available passengers are getting moved more quickly.

In The Tribez I finally figured out how to visit the Marble Fiord island. (You have to go the map.) The new settlement has had big shortages of food and cut stone, requiring much subsidy through zeppelin shipments.  But I'll soon have marble pits there to send marble back to the original island and allow higher-level construction.  To do that, first I'll have to upgrade my three mansions there to their top level, then make one more upgrade in the local town hall.

We've been having trouble with our internet connection several times in recent days.  Maybe the cold weather and all the electric heaters operating at once have slightly lowered the local power's voltage level. (When I can't get online early in the evening, I go to bed early, for a few hours.)

No comments: