Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Finished IVANHOE

The cold weather has arrived! (I noticed it today when I went to the Maria Shchuka library to return "The Lottery" and "The Tell-Tale Heart.") I've brought my winter jacket out of the closet and moved it downstairs.  Looks like it's time to start wearing my long johns.

At last night's choir practice, we did a jazzy version of "Go Tell It on the Mountain." (Giovanni brought Timbits!) I lent John George my book of Hemingway short stories, since he's interested in that author just now.

At opera rehearsal this evening we started preparing the numbers we'll be doing at the fundraiser in a couple of weeks.  Then we went onstage to start preparing the blocking! (Under Giuseppe we didn't start doing that till January.) We staged the first act up to the end of the Habanera.

I've finally finished Walter Scott's Ivanhoe.  Bringing Athelstane back from the dead was pretty jaw-dropping.  The next books I'll be reading in my project of Classics Illustrated comics sources will be two of James Fenimore Cooper's Leatherstocking novels:  The Pioneers and Last of the Mohicans. (I'm doing The Pioneers first because Cooper wrote it first, and I've read it in comic-book form.)

No comments: