Sunday, November 17, 2013

OF HUMAN BONDAGE

Last night I saw Bette Davis and Leslie Howard in Of Human Bondage (for the second time) at the Lightbox as part of a Bette Davis series.  The part I remember from that is the scene where Howard's struggling through a medical school exam, and he looks at the medical-school skeleton and imagines those bones with Davis' flesh on them.  I saw it with a Movie Meetup group, including someome who gave me a big share of her popcorn.

At the Acting Meetup today I did a Second City sketch where I was a doctor's patient being prescribed pills, who wanted more "natural" treatment, leading to a quarrel.

In the evening I went to an Aspergers Meetup combined with a British Culture Meetup, so I met some new girls in the latter group.  It was at the Duke of Somerset, which I had a devil of a time finding!

I've decided to have the next ROLT Meetup at the Central in Mirvish Village. (Moira finds the Butler's Pantry noisy, and the food at the Victory Cafe upset my stomach.) We'll try different places until we know the best one.

Last night I dreamed of Mother.  In this dream I remembered she was dead and told her, "We miss you!"

No comments: