Thursday, November 21, 2013

Facebook games

I've been playing Sunshine Bay for a while.  I finally saved up enough coin to buy a business class yacht, but I can only sail it to a few ports.  A wider range will require a big expenditure on a water treatment facility.  And I got a fourth sports yacht, completing a mission, but then I sold off my first one in order to replace its dock with a new one at a higher level, to put a business yacht in it someday.

I'm also playing The Tribez.  In that game sometimes a caveman or two will invade the space and you have to land six hits on them to make them disappear, before they start burning your buildings down. (Putting out the fires requires more hits.) But what's frustrating is a caveman invasion happening when you have a slow connection and the signals you send the game take several seconds to process, too long for hitting moving targets.  On such occasions, even leaving the game takes a while.

At least they've finished the Halloween business with the Pumpkinheads.  Though these invaders could be removed with only five hits, sometimes they'd cross paths with villagers and leave them tangled up in vines.  And they only got released from the vines when you hit on them eight times, except sometimes they'd be hard to spot. (If I were tied up in vines, I know I'd want to be freed quickly.)

And they're almost finished this new business of supernatural invaders (fairies, vampires, witches etc.). What bugs me with this one is that the villagers scream whenever they run into them.  The sound effects in this game can be tiresome.

Puitak and Gordon took us to lunch at a dim sum place today.  The food was so oily that I had to take a nap in the afternoon.  But they don't take us out too often.

No comments: