Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TREME

"Did he hit on you?" "Kinda not really"--Treme

We've started watching the third season of Treme on DVD.  That show's all over the place, but I like it anyway.  Great theme song!

Yesterday afternoon at the memoir group there were just five of us, so we had time for three subjects again:  impromptu public speaking, landmark buildings and hair coloring.  On the first subject, I wrote about the big meeting at Goodenough College where I spoke briefly about the recycling program I'd been helping out with. (People were impressed that I did it in one minute flat.) On the second, I wrote about the Robarts Library which I frequented as a Ph.D. student.  On the third, I wrote about orange-haired Johnny Rotten, a hero of my adolescence.

Selia made it for the first time in three weeks.  She's still low on energy and got me to go to the library kitchen and find the canister containing the subject cards that we draw from.  It turns out that we'll be able to continue meeting through the holiday season. (It's only on Christmas and New Year's days that the library's closed.)

Last night the choir started rehearsing the Christmas program in order of performance.  Predictably, "Feliz Navidad" needs a lot of work.

This evening was the last opera rehearsal before the new year.  We went over Cosi Fan Tutte and the second half of Carmen again, then staged the last part of the latter's first act.

No comments: