Saturday, November 30, 2013

12 YEARS A SLAVE

Slave mistress: "Your children will soon be forgotten"--12 Years a Slave

Last night I finally saw Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave at the Market Square. (I haven't been there for quite a while.) It was pretty spellbinding, and disturbing.  When the overseer told the slaves to start clapping their hands, I found myself clapping too.  Now I want to see McQueen's Hunger, which also had Michael Fassbender, this time as Bobby Sands starving himself to death.

I have a pretty busy weekend coming up.  I saw two episodes of Treme this evening, so I won't fall behind Moira when she sees one tomorrow night.  I also baked gingerbread for Sunday's cookie exchange.

Father and I are going to start on the book business accounts one of these days. (We'd talked about doing it this afternoon, but he didn't feel up to it.)

I've run short again.

No comments: