Sunday, November 03, 2013

Under the weather

Being sick can give you a different perspective on things.  On Friday I came to feel unwell all at once.  In the afternoon I felt fine, and Father and I managed the heavy job of prying this big file cabinet out of its cubby hole under the stairs so I can start storing my Sunday comics collection in it.  Of course, we'll still have to get it up the stairs, which won't be a pushover.

Friday night I was in bed just about around the clock.  But I didn't sleep solidly as usual, but in continuous fits and starts. (No dreaming either.) Last night I slept more normally, but I'm still a bit slow.

One consequence was that I had to cancel on yesterday's Acting Meetup. (Oh well, it isn't like I'm the organizer as with ROLT.) Then this afternoon I was going to see 12 Years a Slave with the Movie Meetup, but thought it better to cancel.  At least I wasn't the only one.

I haven't been out of the house for almost two days.  I finally brought up the electric heater from the basement, so my room is warmer now.

So Obama says he's good at killing people! (According to the new book Double Down.) And just the other night I saw Blow, with the drug-smuggling son saying "I'm great at this!" and his father saying "You'd be great at anything."

No comments: